The most important decision that you will make for your cat is choosing best food for cats. Choosing the quality and best food for cats can make them live longer and healthy. So, when you are going to choose the cat food, you should have some knowledge about what works best for your pet cat.
Kittens aged between 7-8 weeks may need four or five small meals everyday as well as some warm milk. Before serving the milk, make sure that it is little warm. Remember that cats also have some nutritional needs, which you should satisfy.
Best Foods For Cats
Cats are carnivorous, so their nutrition greatly depends on the protein sources. Also, protein sources should be served in a balanced diet in order to avoid higher weight. Cat’s diet should contain 30% of the protein sources. Here is the information about best food for cats:
- Canned food is the most delicious choice for cats. However, too much canned food can cause dehydration in cats.
- Dry food diet is the best food for cats. Also, you can occasionally feed the cat with wet food. Before choosing the dry food diet, make sure to read the labels thoroughly.
- If your pet cat is higher weight, you need to choose the food that is particularly made to reduce those extra pounds.
- Whatever the food you purchase, make sure that it is approved by American Association of Feed Control Officers.
- When you properly feed your cat with raw food diet, it can also meet all the nutritional needs of the cat. Remember that it is better not to change the cat’s diet very often. Before feeding your cat with raw food, talk with your vet whether it is good for the cat or not.
- In case the cat has any issues like diabetes, sensitive stomach, or any other conditions, you need to take all of them into consideration prior to selecting the food. Best food for cats with any kind of issues will be different than the other cats. You will find various types of pet foods produced from several pet food makers.
- If the cat is allergic to any kind of food, you need to talk with your vet about the best food for cats.
Carefully chosen commercial cat foods can ensure a nutritionally balanced diet. These foods can be supplemented by food scraps, such as mashed potatoes, little meat, few vegetables, etc. Ensure that these supplements should not exceed one third of the cat’s total diet.