Should you Take Pet Health Insurance?
Is it worth to consider an insurance policy for your pet? Pet health insurance is relatively new idea, but in the other areas of the country like California, all most all the pet owners have insurance to their little furry friend.
Each year, regular vet visits for a healthy pet for regular vaccinations and care can cost you around $500. In case of any injury or accident, these amounts can easily raise to thousands of dollars.
In the field of veterinary medicine, the medical expertise and the growing technology have made anything possible with your pet health, just like human medicine. So, anything that you can do with human health can also be done with pets’ health. But, we usually don’t have the funds to do it with our pet animals. This keeps most pet owners in dilemma whether to take pet insurance or not.
Besides all these, if you want to take pet insurance, be careful, not all policies are similar and ensure that you read the policy thoroughly. Most of the pet policies don’t contain foregoing conditions.
Pros of pet health insurance:
- Insurance helps your pet to get affordable care when the pet becomes seriously ill.
- Based on the policy, most expensive procedures can also be covered.
- Nowadays, most of the fatal pet diseases are treatable, which are very expensive. Now the policy makes these treatments affordable.
- You will get discounts when you insure more than one pet or when you take a six-months or yearly plan.
- Any pre-existing conditions may not be covered with some insurance plans.
- Any type of breed specific conditions like hip dysplasia may not be covered.
- Most pet owners have deductibles, caps and co-pays that may limit their income.