Have A Look At The Interesting Facts About Pets
Are you a pet lover? Then you are very eager to know about the interesting facts about pets, particularly the fun and strange stuff. Here are the amazing facts about them:
Interesting facts about pets – Dogs:
- Dogs can make about 100 dissimilar facial expressions and most of the expressions are made through the ears.
- Dogs can make about 10 vocal sounds.
- More than 350 different dog breeds exist worldwide.
- Dogs do not sweat by salivating, but they can only get sweating from the bottom of their feet.
- Dogs can recognize the colors, but not the same way as we do. They can distinguish the shades of yellow, gray, blue and green. Red color indexes on a grayscale in the dog’s vision.
- All the dogs have pink tongue except the Chow, which has black tongue.
- Dog was among the list of the pet animals that can be domesticated by individuals.
- Basenji, an African wolf dog is the only dog that can’t bark.
- Dog’s nose has 4 times as many scent cells as a cat’s and 14 times when compared to a human. This is the reason for which dogs can be used for tracking the illegal drugs and missing persons.
Interesting facts about pets – Cats:
- Cats use meow sound only for humans.
- Cats have five toes on each front paw and four toes on each back paw.
- Cats don’t have sweat glands.
- Cats can make about 100 vocal sounds.
- Cats have even better memories than dogs.
- Cat bodies are more flexible when compared to humans. Cats have more than 230 skeletal bones while humans have 206.
- Cat’s nose pad has ridges in a unique manner not unlike a human’s fingerprints.
- Cats can even have powerful vision during the night.
- There are about 500 million domestic cats around the world.
Interesting facts about pets – Exotic pets
- In order to survive, each bird needs to consume at least half of its weight.
- Bird’s heart beats 400 times per minute when they are resting.
- Pet birds such as cockatoos and macaws can live a maximum of 75 years.
- Most Hamster birds can blink one eye at a time.
- Birds like Iguanas can hold the breath for almost 30 minutes.
- Ferrets are the most common pet birds in the US. About 8-10 million pets are kept as pets.
- Humming bird is the only bird that can fly backwards.
- Penguin birds can swim but they can’t fly.
Gold fish can survive in freezing water and it doesn’t have stomach and can live a maximum of 43 years.