Every individual tries to keep his or her home clean for a healthy living. While cleanliness is essential to be fit and fine, it needs to be cared by pet owners that they make use of pet safe cleaning products. Though few home cleaning products claim to be natural and safe, yet it is better to do some research on which items to be used.
Keep pets away from the harmful ingredients
Many individuals assume that home cleaning products need to be more concentrated chemically to be able to effectively clean the home in all aspects. You have to keep in mind that though they might help in cleaning, they can be toxic at the same time for pets and even for kids sometimes and therefore they need to be avoided.
With pet safe cleaning products, you can protect your pets and save on veterinarian bills. Ingredients that can cause danger to your pet and needs to be avoided are enumerated as under:
- Glycol ethers: This ingredient is being found in spot removers, carpet or glass cleaners. It can make your pet weak and pale and can cause damage to the pet’s kidneys and lungs. If you ought to use the product containing this ingredient, then ensure to keep your pet away from the room for some time.
- Ammonia: Products used for cleaning glass, stainless steel and ovens contain this ingredient. Ammonia can be good for cleaning grease, but can burn mucous membranes and can develop asthma. When you mix up the ingredient with bleach, it can create poisonous gas that is harmful for small pets.
- Borax: It is one of the effective ingredients to clean many things along with floors in your house. However, it can be dangerous if ingested by your pet and therefore, try not to use the products containing this ingredient.
Homemade pet safe cleaning products for floors
As mentioned, our homes need to be kept clean carefully for a healthier living. We have to keep in mind that some pets have a tendency to taste the floor cleaners. Few homemade pet safe cleaning products can clean floor of any kind and save on your expenditures as well. Ideas for pet safe cleaners for floors made at home are given below:
- Tile, stone and vinyl floors: For creating a floor cleaner for all these floor types, prepare a mixture of purified white vinegar (1 cup) with warm water (1 gallon). The vinegar is completely safe for your pet and can clean the floor. It acts as a disinfectant and deodorize as well.
- Laminates and hardwood floors: Similar solution of vinegar and water can be used to clean the floors of these types but the solution needs to be thicker for prevention of damage to the floors. Make a mixture of one and half-cup of purified white vinegar with warm water of one gallon. Remember to dry out the floors with clean cloth after cleaning the floors immediately for preventing over saturation.
By using homemade pet safe cleaning products, you can not only keep your floors clean but also keep your pet well protected.